Skip to main content

Introduction

 I started watching anime around Fall-Winter of 2020 and I really fell in love with how much emotion a series of drawings could be conveyed to the watcher. My first anime which was "Violet Evergarden" was such a masterpiece. The music, the voice acting, the animation, the art, etc. I was very surprised at the fact that this anime was able to make me cry so I decided to keep watching more and I stumbled upon animes that were less drama driven like Violet Evergarden, instead focusing more on action, superpowers, perhaps comedy, but also serious shows with dark stories like Attack on Titan. As of right now, my current top 10 animes are:

1. Vinland Saga (by Wit Studio)











2. Demon Slayer (by Ufotable) which is my favorite studio mainly because of how good and consistent every show is from this studio, they always delivers quality even if the source material isn't good, it is always a treat for the eyes.











3. Fate Zero (by Ufotable)









4.  Attack on Titan (by Wit Studio)







5. My Hero Academia (by Studio Bones)










6.  Mushoku Tensei (by Studio Bind) Interesting thing about this anime is that this studio was created just to adapt the light novel "Mushoku Tensei". This was founded around 2018 as a joint venture by White Fox and Egg Firm. White Fox being a fairly popular studio which has adapted a few of the popular anime which unfortunately I haven't seen yet. Like, Steins Gate and Re:Zero








7. Violet Evergarden (by Kyoto Animation) This studio has to be a close second after Ufotable. However, besides Violet Evergarden, I have not watched any other anime by this studio. B
ut, I've heard every single show by them is consistent in quality mainly because everything is done in-house without massive outsourcing like other studios would do. I also believe they don't accept freelancers and all their employees are trained specifically to have shows consistent in quality.









8. Made in Abyss (by Kinema Citrus) Extremely good show mainly because of the powerful story, but everything else adds even more to the story, especially the music by Kevin Penkin which was become one of my favorite composers. He also worked on Rising of the Shield Hero.








9. 86 (by A-1 Pictures) This anime came out this year and it blew my mind by how good it was. It was only 11 episodes, however the direction and storyboards were so good, you can tell the team working on this anime is really passionate about the source material. 









10. Hunter X Hunter (by Madhouse) Considering this anime has 148 episodes, there was bound to be inconsistencies in quality, both story and animation wise. The quality drops being mainly regarding the story, some story arcs were significantly better. One of them, I would consider a masterpiece. The arc was around 40 episodes, if I remember correctly. The character development in the story was ridiculously well done.






Comments